GOALS AND VALUES
- To be a leading teacher education faculty in the Eastern Cape and beyond.
- To be a hub and custodian of diverse teacher education programmes of the highest quality
- which address the full range of teacher education needs in the education system, with emphasis on Mathematics, Science and Technology as well as other critical school learning areas.
- To uphold and advance the socio-economic developmental role of teacher education through effective conscientisation of teachers, community development agencies and community development workers.
- To nurture, through the study of social scientific knowledge and research skills, innovative, creative and critical skills required to improve the quality of life of society.
- To reflect, represent and express both in deed and outlook an epitome of teacher professional
- ethical standards of the highest quality.
To establish within the Faculty schools of excellence for the preparation of teachers in especially critical school learning (subject) areas, with specific focus on Mathematics, Science and Technology.
- To expand the range of teacher education programmes that addresses the needs of all the school phases in the education system.
- To address the quantitative and qualitative teacher shortages and weaknesses in the education system effectively by streamlining its programs
- To integrate pre- and in-service teacher education such that it becomes a continuous process, catering for the lifelong learning of teachers.
- To form partnerships with relevant stakeholders to project in vision and deed a united front
We have 65 guests and no members online